News and Announcements
Show off your team spirit and order your team gear today!
The Hockey Shop, Source for Sports: https://thehockeyshop.itemorder.com/
- Sale Code: FLIPPERS2019
Hi Flipper Families,
The River Monsters are hosting the BCSSA Volunteer Coaches Program in Hope, at the Hope and District Conference Centre and Dan Sharrers Aquatic Centre on Saturday, March 16th from 9:30am – 5:30pm.
- The full day course is 6 hours classroom and 2 hours pool time.
- There is no fee.
- Participants will be required to bring a packed lunch.
- Particpants will be broken into working groups both in class and in the water.
This clinic is open to all volunteer coaches affiliated with a BCSSA Fraser Valley Regional Club age 11 – 99; the suggested age requirement is 13 years old. This is based on the sense of maturity to the physical ability to handle children on deck or in the water.
March 16, 2019
Swim portal https://swimportal.active.com?a=284267713
Why not make your trip to Hope a weekend excursion and attend the Brent Hayden Swim Camp on March 17th!
Bileting, camping or hotel stays can be arranged via the River Monsters. It will be a great active way to start your spring break! Email the Hope River Monster President at: email@example.com
Bent Hayden Registration Link:
Your Flipper Executive
Are you still looking for a sport your child will fall in love with? Why not come and try the Langley Flippers Summer Swim Club! We are a competitive swim team and our motto is: fun, family, friends and self-improvement. Our season runs from May 1st through to the middle of August, and we have scheduled morning and afternoon practices and dry land training; we also have eight weekend swim meets scheduled across the Fraser Valley, from Langley to Hope!
I can hear you thinking… “That sounds like a lot”. It is and it isn’t. You and your family can commit to as much as you’re comfortable with.
Are the weekend swim meets mandatory? No. But they are encouraged. This is because swim meets provide swimmers the opportunity to experience their improvements, visual and physically, and they get to see how much stronger they have become from all their practices and dryland drills. How much parent involvement is there? Parents are expected to volunteer at swim meets, either by being a timer or recorder, a deck official or even the crash desk! And if every parent volunteered once, we would all have shorter shifts! As like all non-profit sport clubs, there wouldn’t be a club and events without the parents!!
Summer Swimming provides people of all ages an excellent source of exercise, and it’s a bonus that our club gets to run practices at an outdoor pool, being Al Anderson Memorial. After one season of being on a Summer Swim Club team, your child(ren) will return to school feeling strong, healthy, and confident, and they will have developed awesome friendships and made lasting memories and a funny bathing suit tan.
Come give Summer Swim Club a try! It’s fantastically fun, affordable and the whole family can participate.
Don’t know where to begin? Email any questions to our club registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org
• DATE – March 2, 2019
• Warm ups start at +- 12:00 PM
• Events start at +- 1:00 PM
• Estimated Finish +- 5:30 PM
• Maximum competitors = 150
• Chilliwack Leisure Landing Center, #1 – 9145 Corbould Street, Chilliwack BC. V2P 4A7 Phone: (604) 793-7946
• Competition will be held in an 8 lane 25m pool and a Colorado touch pad system will be used.
• Starts will be conducted from starting platforms (Blocks) as per FINA FR 2.3 AND SW 4.1 AND / OR from the Deck or Bulkhead as per CANADIAN FACILITY RULE CFR 2.3.1 AND/OR CSW 4.1.1 AND/OR In-Water Starts will be conducted per CANADIAN FACILITY RULE CFR 2.3.1 AND CSW 4.1.2
o NOTE: All 25 meter events will be started by a starting device and timed via stop watch.
• There will be no warm down pool space available while events are being swum.
• Entries must be received on or before Wednesday, February 27th, 2019. No deck entries will be accepted with the exception of relays. Relays will be entered as deck entries. Relay entries for event 3 & 4 must be received prior to the end of warm ups at the start of the swim meet. Relay entries for events 17 & 24 must be received prior to the start of event 13.
o There will be a 15 minute break between event 12 & 13
o Events will be seeded by Slowest to Fastest with men and women seeded together. “No times” will not be accepted.
o Maximum events per swimmer: 4 individual events, plus relays.
o Relays: No swimmer may swim more than once in any relay- you may swim either on the men’s, women’s or mixed team in any relay event.
o Entry fees $40.00 per person.
o Please use Club Assistant for online entries at the following link
o No refunds will be offered.
o If you are unwilling/unable to use online entry, please contact Larry Hine at Larry.email@example.com
o Web Page: www.chilliwackmastersswimming.weebly.com
Positive Check in
• Please check in at the registration table.
• MSC rules and warm up procedures will apply (see below). Swim BC Technical Guide will be in effect.
• All Masters Swimmers registered with their Provincial, State or National M.S.O.
The document ChilliwackMastersSwimPackage.pdf was attached to this post.